Stocks finished slightly lower Monday after many reached new all-time highs early in the session, only to retreat near intraday lows soon after. The Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.1% at 15,335. The RBR Radio Index was up 14.522, or 2.4%, to 631.932. The TVBR Television Index was up 6.609, or 1.1%, to 614.081. Winners CC Media, up 4.4% Beasley, up 4.2% Entercom, up 1.2% Losers ...
Rick Collier, formerly of Cox Radio, has become National Sales Manager of Stephens Media Group Tulsa. Stephens currently owns contemporary Christian music station KXOJ 100.9 FM, along with 97.1 FM the Tulsa Sports Animal, and recently announced a pending acquisition of KTSO 94.1 FM and KMYZ 104.5 FM. In addition to his national responsibilities, Collier will continue to cultivate relationships ...
Video subscriber gains in the first quarter of 2013 by top U.S. service providers were not enough to avoid a first-ever net subscriber loss in the category over a four-quarter period, Leichtman Research Group (LRG) reported Monday. LRG's analysis of the top 13 multichannel video providers in the U.S., representing 94% of the market, showed that they added about 195,000 net additional ...
Senator John McCain may be tilting at windmills as he attempts to take on the NCTA, Comcast Time Warner, Disney and other media conglomerates. His second effort at delivering an a la carte option for cable and satellite viewers may be doomed from the get ...
Sign up for free to get: The AM Report and PM Report delivered to your inbox. RBR-TVBR delivers complete broadcasting news analysis and our infamous ...
Winds: From the NNE at 2 MPH
Shrek the Third
Here's the fundamental problem with Shrek the Third: the first two Shrek films covered just about every hilarious to mildly amusing joke involving fairy tales imaginable, leaving the inevitable third entry with little to do but rehash old gags and try to stretch the previous ... ...
With the season finale of America's Funniest Home Videos and the 2013 Billboard Music Awards, ABC dominated the final Sunday of the season in Adults 18-49 (#1 in all 8 half-hours), beating Fox's night of season finales by 72%, CBS with two hours of 60 Minutes and a Country Music special by 138% and NBC with the 2-hour season ender of Celebrity Apprentice by 182%. The Billboard Music ...
Charles Chunn has been named Vice President, Research of Post-Newsweek Stations. Previously he had been Research Director at WJXT-TV, PNS' independent station in Jacksonville, FL. Emily Barr, President and CEO of Post-Newsweek Stations, said, "For the past two years, Charles has done an outstanding job as Research Director for WJXT. During his tenure there, Charles has been an ...
Telemundo Station Group announced the appointment of Robert Sarabia as Vice President of Sales for KTMD-TV Houston, responsible for overseeing the station's sales department and leading the staff to fully utilize Telemundo Houston's media offerings for advertisers. "Robert brings great leadership and experience to our sales organization," said Tony Canales, President and ...
a court must give Chevron deference to an agency's interpretation of an ambiguity in a statute over the limits of its authority. In this case it was the FCC's assertion that it had the broad regulatory authority to impose a shot clock on tower citing applications to local governments. Traditionally, under the Chevron doctrine stemming from an earlier Supreme Court decision, courts ...
Wohler Technologies has announced that it will showcase its wide array of audio and video monitoring solutions on the Sistemas Digitales booth (A-13) at Telemundo - Expo Cine Video Television Show 2013, June 4-7 in Mexico City. Booth exhibits will feature the modular AMP1 and AMP2 audio-monitoring systems, the latest HDM Series dual split-screen HD LCD monitor, RMQ multidisplay solutions, and RM ...
They Said It
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Crowne Plaza, Los Angeles International Airport
I needed a hotel overnight near LAX and decided on the Crowne Plaza, a 4 star recently-renovated business class hotel ...Keep reading
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Broadcast CommunicationsBroadcast Communications | The latest news in broadcasting
Breaking news from the world of Broadcast Communications. This online newspaper has an extended scope, and also includes international news stories, and updates from the business world and global markets.
In addition to our own resources, we take news from contracted wire services. We also spider external news sites on an hourly basis, 24 hours a day, seven days a week to ensure our news is continually updated and refreshed.
For parties that require Broadcast Communications news headlines on their Web site we are happy to oblige, and have provided RSS feeds for this purpose. For readers wanting a daily email update of Broadcast Communications news delivered to their inbox, we provide this service on a daily basis, and it is complimentary.
We welcome your feedback. If you have any comments or suggestions about the Broadcast Communications website please forward them by using our Contact Us form.
The Information and Broadcasting Minister , Manish Tewari, has blamed the opposition for the Governments inability to pass the Food Security Bill, which would have helped the country's poor. He was speaking during his visit to Odisha.
Manish Tewari said that the bill was " so ambitious and breathtaking" in its very conception and would provide food security to 67 percent of the people of this country, including the poorest of the poor, the marginalised, the weakest. Rice would have been provided at Rs. 2 a kg, wheat at Rs. 3 a kg, maize at Rs. 1 a kg . But the bill has been sacrificed at the altar of political opportunism. "Can there be a bigger travesty of both politics and policy in this country?" questioned Manish Tewari.
Commoners like Padma Singh, a mother of five children in a village in Odisha, is struggling to feed her children, she said subsidised food would have helped her sustain her family.
Padma said, "We are very poor and cannot have a proper meal. My family survives by eating only rice and boiled potato, as we cannot afford lentils. The cost of rice in the open market is 20 rupees per kilogram. We do not have a below poverty line card as well, so we cannot access subsidized food," she said. ...
- Robin Roberts Gets Standing Ovation at Peabody Awards
- Tour backspin Venturi doubled pleasure playing broadcasting
- NBC Acquires Siberia Drama Centered on Reality Contestants for Summer
- Scandals Kerry Washington on Olivias Shocking Family Affairs
- Mad Men Deconstruction Vol. 1 Episode 8 The Crash
- Fall TV Networks woo viewers lost to cable online
- Microsoft Fires Xbox Bullet at Cables STB
- It’s Official Deborah Turness Named President of NBC News
- Ventev Brings Its Wi-Fi Hotspot to CTIA
- Redline Launches Frequency-Hopping Broadband Box
- British economy in modest recovery central bank governor
- Becks bombarded with big-bucks TV and film deals
- ‘Ghost Army’ give new meaning to ‘art of war’
- From ‘Game of Thrones’ To ‘Scandal’ How Do You Find—And Discuss—Your New Favorite TV Shows
- Robin Roberts Gets Standing Ovation at Peabody Awards
- Protesters to skip Amazon shareholders meeting target Alaska Airlines
- Rural Cameroon suffers from lack of telecommunications structure
- Silvercars puts all-Audi rental fleet on the road in DFW
- D.C. tax office failed to collect $6.5M in penalties auditors say
- SVBJ parent invests $1.65M in SF news discovery startup Newsle
- Intuit Realigns Organization to Accelerate Growth
- Nirvana Solutions proudly announces Nirvana OMS Rebalancer
- University of Denver Announces $40 Million Gift to Launch New Interdisciplinary STEM Focus
- Rambus Engineers and Inventors to Present Three Papers at Electronic System Technologies Conference Exhibition 2013
- General Cable Announces Initiation of Quarterly Dividend and Extends $125 Million Share Repurchase Authorization Through the End of 2013
- Magazines Why Digital villages project ran out of steam
- The digital revolution is bringing the Stanley Cup playoffs live to every corner of the world
- Across the board digital is the only way to go
- Western Digital And SanDisk Target Hybrid Disk Drives Growth
- Cyberbullying Indicators What Digital Behavior Reveals
- Stocks finish lower after hitting early highs
- Stephens Media hires Rick Collier
- Study U.S. Pay TV Thrown for Net Loss
- John McCains a la carte may be an empty plate
- DOJ got records of Fox News journalist
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Broadcast Communications headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Financial Times allegedly hacked by Syrians
- Square adds PayPal-like cash by e-mail feature
- Haunting Melissa App-only film delivers horror to mobile
- Googles new Hangouts cant make phone calls
- Swedish House Mafia Parts Ways in New Volvo Campaign