Singer Madonna remembers meeting her fan Kim Kardashian when the reality TV star was a kid. In fact, the 54-year-old singer even gave Kim her accessories as souvenir, reports dailystar.co.uk. "I met her years ago when she was a little girl, believe it or not. She told me she was a huge fan, and it was during the time I was wearing all of the rubber bracelets on my arms," said Madonna. "I took ...
Australian filmmaker Justin Sisely, who controversially filmed 'Virgins Wanted,' a documentary where a man and a woman auctioned off their virginity, has transformed the film into a reality series. The project in the beginning was supposed to be a feature-length documentary but now Sisely is promoting it as a reality TV series - set to debut at MIPCOM, an entertainment trade fair in October in ...
Steven Spielberg has announced his plans to executive produce a new live action 'Halo' television series based on the popular video games. Spielberg, 66, who appeared via video chat at the Microsoft One next-generation console launch on Tuesday, said that for him, the 'Halo' universe is an amazing opportunity to be at the intersection where technology and storytelling meet, the New York Daily ...
Sports media giant ESPN has given pink slips to some of its 7,000 employees on Tuesday, the network said in a statement. The Bristol, Connecticut-based company said it was looking at the financial bottom line. In a statement the company said that they were implementing changes across the company to enhance their continued growth while smartly managing costs. It added that while difficult, ...
Just For Laughs 2012: Top Comedy Showrunners on Agents, Acting Talent and Charisma Silverman will host two main stage galas on July 27, while outgoing ...
Winds: From the North at 4 MPH
The Sweet Hereafter
In "The Sweet Hereafter," writer/director Atom Egoyan takes us beyond the tragedy of death into the tragedy of living. He shows us how it isn't dying that hurts, but rather the pain of living in the hereafter of death, and dealing with the loss and grief that it brings. On a cold winter day in a small, isolated town in British Columbia, a school bus full of children slides off the highway and onto ... ...
Russell Simmons to Receive Producers Guild Visionary Award The prolific music and TV producer has inked a two-year first-look deal with the premium cable ...
When it comes to television, ...
One of the most venerable TV franchises in history was under assault Thursday at the CBS shareholder meeting, where activists who dominated the question-and-answer period ...
DirecTV's Audience Network to Air All Eight Seasons of '24' The 10-episode series about a group of 11 people whose lives are intertwined will feature an all-star cast ...
, can we talk?" and "What do we want, contract? When do we want it, now?", the protestors are asking for both increased wages and benefits. The rally was organized by the WGA. Writers ...
They Said It
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
The Hawaii Prince Hotel
I took a cab from downtown Waikiki to the Hawaii Prince Hotel. It was only a few minutes, and cost ...Keep reading
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Broadcast CommunicationsBroadcast Communications | The latest news in broadcasting
Breaking news from the world of Broadcast Communications. This online newspaper has an extended scope, and also includes international news stories, and updates from the business world and global markets.
In addition to our own resources, we take news from contracted wire services. We also spider external news sites on an hourly basis, 24 hours a day, seven days a week to ensure our news is continually updated and refreshed.
For parties that require Broadcast Communications news headlines on their Web site we are happy to oblige, and have provided RSS feeds for this purpose. For readers wanting a daily email update of Broadcast Communications news delivered to their inbox, we provide this service on a daily basis, and it is complimentary.
We welcome your feedback. If you have any comments or suggestions about the Broadcast Communications website please forward them by using our Contact Us form.
The Information and Broadcasting Minister , Manish Tewari, has blamed the opposition for the Governments inability to pass the Food Security Bill, which would have helped the country's poor. He was speaking during his visit to Odisha.
Manish Tewari said that the bill was " so ambitious and breathtaking" in its very conception and would provide food security to 67 percent of the people of this country, including the poorest of the poor, the marginalised, the weakest. Rice would have been provided at Rs. 2 a kg, wheat at Rs. 3 a kg, maize at Rs. 1 a kg . But the bill has been sacrificed at the altar of political opportunism. "Can there be a bigger travesty of both politics and policy in this country?" questioned Manish Tewari.
Commoners like Padma Singh, a mother of five children in a village in Odisha, is struggling to feed her children, she said subsidised food would have helped her sustain her family.
Padma said, "We are very poor and cannot have a proper meal. My family survives by eating only rice and boiled potato, as we cannot afford lentils. The cost of rice in the open market is 20 rupees per kilogram. We do not have a below poverty line card as well, so we cannot access subsidized food," she said. ...
- Sarah Silverman Seth Meyers to Host Just For Laughs Fest Galas
- Russell Simmons Inks Overall Deal With HBO
- CBS Shareholders Accuse 60 Minutes of Anti-Semitism
- David Boreanaz Kate Walsh Minka Kelly Among Cast in Neil LaButes DirecTV Drama
- American Express CDC Take Home Top GoodWorks Effie Awards
- Photos Ethernets 40th Anniversary
- ConteXtream Claims a Carrier SDN Coup
- NSN Intel Get Edgy
- T-Mobile Offers International Plans for Business
- John McCain Americans Are Being Ripped Off By Cable Companies
- Madonna recalls meeting Kim Kardashian as a baby
- Brazilian girls bid to sell virginity now turns into reality TV series
- Steven Spielberg to executive produce Halo TV series
- ESPN layoffs hundreds of employees as TV rights fees rise Re-issue with correction
- Sarah Silverman Seth Meyers to Host Just For Laughs Fest Galas
- J-Lo set to open cellphone stores for Latinos
- Jennifer Lopez launches shopping tool for Latinos
- Google tests enhanced notifications in Chrome browser
- Windows Blue hides 4K display support tons of new features developer says
- Sammy Hagar coming to Verizon Wireless Amphitheater with free tickets
- CORRECTION - HP Expands Thin Client Solutions for Mobility and Unified Communications
- Nordson Corporation Reports Fiscal Year 2013 Second Quarter Results
- Permanent Consultative Committee of CITEL Discussed Telecommunications Policy and Regulation in Buenos Aires
- KC business owner charged in $2.8M scheme to defraud Army
- ServiceKey LLC Announces Comprehensive Settlement with Oracle with No Obligation to Pay Any Damages
- Multiplatform World Ops Nets Need More Cooperation to Make TV Everywhere Work
- Multiplatform World Streamlining Second-Screen Experience DrivesUser Engagement
- Multiplatform World Comcasts Strauss Says VOD Poised for More Growth
- Walden Sees Aereo as Potential Marketplace Disruptor
- Comcasts David Cohen U.S. Broadband Is World Class
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Broadcast Communications headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Pandora Sees Quarterly Revenue Grow 55 Percent
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoos Tumblr Deal
- Foursquare partners with Gnip to sell check-in stream
- Watch a brain surgery over Twitter Instagram and Vine
- Google may face antitrust inquiry over display ads -- again